.

.

Monday 8 February 2016

Shine bright + What does style mean to me?

 Sparkle Top from Suzy Shier
Boyfriend jeans from Old Navy
Grey fridge booties from Macy's 
What does style mean to me?
To me style is a personal journey, it speaks your personality and who you are. Two years ago my style was completely different than what it is today. I was the girl that wore 4 inch heels to school, with an outfit that was way over the top for daylight (Im exaggerating). When I look back on this I realize how impractical that was, but I say that with a different mindset now. My style is much more laid back, than that little girl running through Vancouver in heels. When I was in London last year, everyone wore sneakers! Men, women, children of all ages, it was an infatuation. Seeing how put together everyone looked while being so casual was foreign to me, but something I wanted to accomplish with my own style. 

Having your own style means confidence. Everyone’s clothing choices take work, it shows your making an effort with your life. Style tells a story of who you are, but it does not completely define you! I was taking the skytrain in Vancouver, and I noticed this man sitting down, jet black hair with earrings in every possible place. When we got to the next stop, an older lady came in, the man with the black hair jumped up immediately, faster than anybody else and offered her his seat. My mouth dropped, I had completely judged him based on his clothing choices. God really changed my perspective. Style sets you apart, and gives you a spring in your step. You can wake up feeling lousy, but leave your house feeling beautiful. Just remember that no one can make you feel inferior about your clothing choices. My style is may be different from yours and thats okay. It does not make either one of us better than each other, just different. 

11 comments:

  1. You look stunning! Love this look babe. Have a great week.
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much girly!! love your blog!! you too!! xx

      Delete
  2. Love your style and your top is gorgeous!

    http://fashionradi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such a cute style!!! totally adore the top and boots!

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Sybil, your the best :) Have a great week as well xx

      Delete
  4. Like your boots so much and you have pretty hair too :)
    I'm following you so I hope you'll return it :)

    http://missbabybluelove.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh aren't you sweet! Thank you so much! And most definitely followed you! Great blog! xx

      Delete
  5. thank you!!! :) :) I subscribed to your channel, hope you follow xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great points! I think style definitely reflects our own personality and journey. Cute outfit!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Amy Ann :) have a great weekend xx

      Delete