.

.

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Rome, the eternal city. Did no one read the info packets?

It’s #TravelTuesday! I could not be more thrilled to share this post with you; we are going to ROME today! Let me first start off by saying, its beauty and history are very overwhelming. I am a history fanatic, and I couldn’t contain myself. We fully enjoyed everything we could out of Rome. We started out in Rome in mid-afternoon and went on a walking tour around the city. Of course we had to get Gelato, we went to Della Palma Gelato di Roma. They have over 150 flavors, and they have a serious line up. One of the cool things there is that if your female you will automatically get served first, plus for us girls right?! We had a few men in our group and our tour guide had to get each of them ice cream because they would’ve been waiting forever! We walked our way to the Trevi fountain, which actually sneaks up on you. We were walking down this little street and then BOOM there’s a huge fountain, its surreal. The next day we started bright and early to take a guided tour around the Vatican, an absolutely amazing experience to walk through. It’s the headquarters of the Roman Catholic church and also St. Peter’s Basilic, and Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel frescoes. The architecture had me speechless. Some good home décor inspiration! After this tour we walked around for a bit, and took the subway over to the Roman Colosseum. My personal tour recommendations are that you don’t do both tours in one day, both were three hours long. Either split them up, do don’t take the guided tour. I would recommend the guided tour of the Vatican, but maybe not the Colosseum as the headsets are good, plus the tour takes you to other places as well, which did not really interest us. To finish our day in this cultural city we shared a pizza and spaghetti. It was the absolute best food I ate in Italy and probably one of my tops meals I’ve ever eaten. Make sure you splurge on a good Italian meal; you don’t get the real taste if you go cheap. But then again I’m a HUGE Italian fan so; of course I’m going to tell you something like that! Another tip is that the underground is very confusing if you don’t read Italian, I would recommend a tour guide to get you through most of the city. The streets are also quite complicated. What are your thoughts on Rome? Have you been there, or traveled to it? Let me know below, I love hearing from everyone!

 
  
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I live in Rome.
    So what should I say more than I love my city. I live close to the Colosseum and every day I see it, it's like the first time.
    My city is a Museum at open air
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, amazing! I loved visiting your amazing city, 100% agree with Rome being a Museum everywhere! Thank you so much for commenting, love your blog xxx

      Delete
  2. Your pictures from Rome are stunning! Love the blend of history and contemporary!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, that means a lot! :) :) xxx

      Delete